Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management, Hyderabad celebrated with pride the academic success of its exceptional grandaunts during its 22nd Convocation hosted on October 14, 2016 in its very own campus at Hyderabad.
The VJIM auditorium became an even more spruced-up and well decorated venue and was bubbling with activity during the entire morning with preparations happening in clock-like precision.
A total of 161 students graduated in 22nd batch out of whom 5 opted to start up on their own while the remaining students have been placed with top companies like Deloitte, Standard chartered, Thomson Reuters, Marico, Dabur, ICIC, Tech Mahindra, Axis Bank, etc. The average package of class 2016 went to 4.5 Lakhs.
The Convocation Ceremony started as scheduled at 2 pm. The procession was lead by Dr. Ch. S. Durga Prasad, Director, VJIM, Hyderabad and Mr. Arun Wakhlu, Executive Chairman, Pragati Leadership along with Dr. G. Manchala and Prof. Rama Rao.
The dignitaries opened the ceremony with the lightning of lamp on the stage along with the traditional prayer song sung by one of the student.
22nd convocation of VJIM was officially set open by Mr. D N Rao, President, VJIM. MR. D N Rao then proceeded to give the presidential speech which included him talking about three aspects i.e. a) what happened at VJIM, b) what is happening in VJIM and c) what is going to happen after VJIM. About what happened at VJIM he spoke around the present scenario about globalization and the 3 P’s required for the manager’s – (P)ERCEPTION, (P)ASSION in life and the (P)RIDE through the knowledge acquired. Regarding what is happening- he spoke about the 4’s to be successful – (S)ANKALPAM, (S)HRADHA, (S)HRAMA and (S)AHANAM. About what will happen post VJIM- he advised all the present graduates to continue to dream and continue learning.
Mr. Sharath Gopal, Governing Council Member then came forward to introduce our prestigious Chief Guest of the day Mr. Arun Wakhlu, Executive Chairman, Pragati leadership. He put forward the achievements of Mr. Arun Wakhlu in the field of academics and his professional journey so far.
This was followed by Dr. Durga Prasad, Director, VJIM, Hyderabad reading the annual academic and extra curricular report of the school- 2015 to 2016. He mentioned about the success of the courses offered at VJIM that makes its students industry ready and a perfect fit for the corporate world. The report included brief summary of some stunning initiatives for the academic year like- career vision schooling, PMCI analysis, National Conference organized by students and faculty, Business Conclave, innumerable industry academy interfaces, etc.
Before receiving the graduation certificates , the graduates of Class 2016 took their Convocation oath to remain honest and truthful to their duties as Management professionals and leaders of tomorrow. The oath ceremony was led by Prof. Harish Chandra Prasad.
The time had finally come for which all the graduates were eagerly waiting last two years- the time when there two years hard work was going to be paid off, the moment when you can see proudness in the faces of graduates, their parents and the faculty. This was that moment when the Hon’ble chief guest Mr. Arun Wakhlu and the other dignitaries on the stage handed over Diplomas and medals to the students of the 22nd batch of VJIM, Hyderabad. Merit medals were given to the following students in their respective academic fields and to star performers of the Batch. Following were the recognitions:
- Ramachandra Reddy medal of Ethical Standards- Mr. Abhijith
- Gopal Rao gold medal in finance- Ms. Chintakunda Mounika
- Kapuri Devi gold medal in Operations- K. Durga Jyothi
- Thummala Madhav Rao medal in Operations- Mr. Thota Pradeep Kumar
- Alumni award in Finance- Ms. Mounika Reddy
- Punaihah gold medal in Marketing – Ms. Sharmista Dey
- Gold medal in Analytics – Dhakka Rajeev Kumar
- Polasani Rudrama Devi Gold Medal (outstanding girl student In the field of personal and institutional excellence) – Ms. Chandana Vsarma
The ceremony continued further with the Chief Guest addressing the gathering where he congratulated the students and faculty for their overwhelming success. His remarks were greeted with thunderous applauds. He motivated the students to attain success in whatever they are doing in their lives. Mr. Wakhlu put forward five principles that would guide students in the path of success in life. The five principles included:
- SERVICE, i.e. always have a mindset of a “go giver”. Here he also mentioned selfless service rendered by the Leadership and Management of VJIM.
- PURPOSE – here he spoke about the difficulties faced by him in incorporating his company and bringing it to the heights of success that it is at present. The “purpose” motivated him to never give up.
- ACTION – this is about one’s personal action that reflects to the actions in the environment and surrounding. External circumstances and events are tiny compared to the immense power of your self.
- CREATIVITY – He wanted the students to chant the three words- uncomfortable, scary and awkward in order to come out of the comfort zone and self-imposed prison to enhance their creativity.
- ENTHUSIASM – a quality that would be imperative at every stage of life.
At the end of the address he concluded by congratulating all the students and wish them a glorious life in the service of the nation, service of the humanity and in the service of the one wholesome world.
The Management presented a memento to the Chief Guest. Mr. D N Rao officially delivered the vote of thanks and declared the ceremony close.
The most exciting part of the convocation was when the graduates through their hats in the air with pride. There was perceptible sense of pride and achievement throughout the ceremony. The graduating and academic awarding-winning students, their proud parents, contended faculty members, distinguished guests went back with loads of memories that they would cherish forever.